The main aim of the entertainment tax department is to provide healthy and wholesome entertainment in a healthy environment to the people of the State. With this aim the department also realizes Government revenue in the shape of entertainment tax. The U.P. Entertainment and Betting Tax Act 1979, U.P. Advertisement Tax Act, 1981, U.P. Cinema Regulation Act.1955 have been promulgated for the regulation of the various means of entertainments and bettings on horse race. The District Magistrate in respect of his district , is the licensing authority to regulate and to grant licence for different entertainments.
Main Objective of the Department -
- Regulating the different modes of entertainments
- Promoting the new modes of entertainments
- Taxing these different modes of entertainment and generating and realizing the revenue.
- Checking the tax evasion by frequent inspections.
- To facilitate other departments for public awareness as advertising the slides of AIDS / Bird flu / Railway safety / Environment Safety etc.
- To maintain the quality and means of entertainments.
- To boost up the business of entertainment industry.
- Redressal of public grievances.